Montgomeryshire has a fantastic range of mammals, from the tiny Pygmy Shrew to the great Red Deer, from aerial masters such as pipistrelle bats to expert swimmers like otters. With approximately 40 species of mammals in Montgomeryshire, there is plenty to see, without being overwhelming.
I hope this blog inspires you to not only keep your eyes open for our wonderful mammals, but report your sightings too!
Monday, 21 March 2011
Stoat @ Trefeglwys
Sadly, 1 found freshly dead on the road this morning!!
07:45 Saturday 14th March. Sadly found an adult otter on the road adjacent to the Trefeglwys Shooting Ground. Seemed to be victim of an RTA. Moved it off the road. Very sad as this was the first otter I had seen in the wild. Kim.
07:45 Saturday 14th March. Sadly found an adult otter on the road adjacent to the Trefeglwys Shooting Ground. Seemed to be victim of an RTA. Moved it off the road. Very sad as this was the first otter I had seen in the wild.
ReplyDeleteKim.
Thanks Kim and Roger. Please submit your sighting to the National Mammal Atlas, here: http://www.mammal.org.uk/nmap
Delete