Friday, 6 June 2014

Make your smartphone work for mammals

Since the launch of the Mammal Society's new Mammal Tracker app, my mammal recording output has drastically increased. I have recorded 62 mammals since May 13th, of 14 different species, as shown on the chart below:


The reason for this increase is the app's ease of use, allowing me to record mammals when I see them, rather than leaving it until later and then forgetting to do it or exactly where the mammal was.

If you have a smartphone or tablet running android or iOS, please do download this free app and get recording. It will not only help improve our local understanding of mammals, but also feed in to the National Mammal Atlas. To find out more, or download the app, please head here. Alternatively head to Google Play or the Apple AppStore and search for 'Mammal Tracker'.

I look forward to seeing your records!

No comments:

Post a Comment